CIRa announces a contest for submitting ideas/projects that promote development of traditional products, small businesses rooted in the community and encourage innovative green ideas.
The criteria for participation in the contest are listed below. The deadline for submitting applications is July 5, 2012 – 17:00. The application form can be downloaded here.
Submit the completed form to: email@example.com
CIRa will select three ideas/projects nationwide. The selected projects will have to be presented by representatives/suppliers of the projects of the Forum for the development of philanthropy in the Western Balkans which will be held from 17 to 20 July 2012 in Kolasin, Montenegro. All costs for participation of one representative (selected by legal entities or individuals on board) will be covered by the organizer – the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF).
The Forum will elect three best projects from the Western Balkan countries and will receive a US $10.000 to support the implementation of the green idea.
Criteria for participation:
- The idea is under design or just started with the realization
- The idea is completely based on the use of local resources.
- There is detailed plan or idea to positively affect the environment
- Use of knowledge of people in local communities and their traditional skills
- A plan or idea of gradual development
- Has assessed the local market – knows the competitors and comparative advantages
- The idea to support the process of revitalization of traditional local businesses and connecting people with the community.
- The idea is unique and no financial support from government institutions at local and central level or by international donor
 The term "green ideas" means ideas that contribute to the environment, using resources from the local community and contributing to sustainable development (integration of local, economic, social and environmental needs and priorities of communities)